73 percent of child abductions involve a suspect driving a vehicle. Whether you’re a parent, or you know someone who is, here are nine potentially life-saving tips for children who walk to and from school: (by Barbara Diamond)
1. Avoid getting in a car with someone you don’t know.
2. Stay away from any car or person driving who asks you a question.
3. Be aware that a dangerous person can be male, female, young or old.
4. Kick, scream and draw as much attention if someone physically touches you.
5. Learn to say no, firmly.
6. Walk to and from school with other kids.
7. Make sure your house key remains hidden.
8. Always pay attention to your surroundings.
9. Trust your instincts.